Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Lego Duplo Competition

We have just come back from a stay in the Legoland Hotel that is how much we love Lego.  The boys enjoyed having plenty to play with and being immersed in all things Lego for two whole days.  So it’s only fitting really that I bring my lovely followers a chance to win some Lego of their own.

Children love Lego, its great to develop their fine motor skills - no not their skill in a car, but the control over the movement of their fingers and hand...

Lego is one of our favourite toys.  We have so much Duplo in residence but we are upgrading to some of the older Lego slowly.  Exciting times ahead!

The prize is brand new LEGO® DUPLO® Large Brick Box Set which is the perfect introduction to Lego.  Duplo has fared us well for the last few years so hopefully someone will have as much fun as we did.  I love that it is so strong and can survive pretty much everything a toddler does to it, including chomping hard on it!!!
To enter leave a comment below telling me what you would build if you won, the competition will close on the 24th of April.

1. I would build a car!

2. ZoeClareLittle3 April 2012 at 18:19

we would build an aeroplane and pretend were jetting off on holiday. xx

3. We also love Lego, but the teen isn't too good at sharing his so the little ones need to build a collection of their own. We would build a Lego Duplo campervan together!

4. I would try and build a sand castle wishing we were somewhere hot

5. i would build a house!

@ashlallan

6. I would attempt a windmill! Me and Melody have a windmill fascination!

7. A lego bunny house for our new mini-lop bunny that I am buying the kids as a surprise this Easter sssshhhhhh!

8. I'd build a hotel

9. Me and the little ones would build a castle, fit for princesses and knights to suit both tastes, lol! x

10. LESLEY PROCTER3 April 2012 at 20:28

Probably a pirate ship, my grandson loves pirates -hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

11. I would build a airplane!  Cos Jack loves them.  although he would wreck it in a second!

12. A tall tower.....kids love knocking down towers...they think its fun watching it go bang everywhere all over the floor. It gets rebuilt after each knock down so can go on for a while!

13. I would build a 'retreat' for myself so I could pretend I was having a massage and a pamper session. Baby girls would build a tower and knock it down and then demand I build it again and again and again. My son would build a vehicle. One daughter would build a house and the other a horse stable!!! So much fun and so versatile, oh hubby would build a golf course!!!! x

14. I would try to build London because we've just been there.

15. Maxinegoodfellow3 April 2012 at 22:09

A home for our my daughters toy giraffe, so he doesn't keep on getting lost

16. an extension to my house but that ma be a bit ambitious

17. I would build a fire engine for my little boy! He's obsessed about anything connected to fire engines, so we could have so much fun doing it. I love how brightly coloured duplo is for children, it's lovely x

18. a little car as my nephew just loves anything with wheels

19. i would build a train track as my little boy is obsessed with trains but we cant afford to buy him one at the moment

20. We would build a house to have a tea party in.

@1978rebecca

21. My son would build something to do with Star Wars like a spaceship or something, heis crazy about Lego and Star Wars

22. A Dinosaur my grandson loves them

23. a whole new world  -   you just need imagination

24. I'd attempt a castle....my boys are into building towers, castles etc with whatever means they have lol :D....I'd make a good attempt!

25. I would build a windmill :)

26. i would built a house!

27. i would build a car

28. An aeroplane because that is what my son loves at the moment!

29. an army base

30. Kathleen hooper4 April 2012 at 23:02

my nephew loves trains, so I'd try to build a "thomas" with him

31. My youngest is mad about polar bears at the moment. so perhaps a colourful groovy polar bear :) x

32. gabrielle svensson5 April 2012 at 09:45

A big, colourful  house with a garden!

33. i asked my children, 1 would build a car, i would build a town and 1 would build johnny 5 is alive robot x

34. I would build a famr as my little boy loves farms.

35. A dinosaur, my son loves them

36. My son is tractor mad at 18months so we would build a tractor

37. Stacey Tripconey5 April 2012 at 13:31

A castle as my daughter loves princesses

38. My daughter would like to build a library or a windmill!

39. Romany Osborne5 April 2012 at 14:48

I would build a garage so that the children at work had somewhere to park their Lego cars!

40. My daughter would build a treasure chest/box to store little memories in

41.  I would build endless towers to Flynn to knock down!

42. I would build a little car for my kitten to zoom around the house in lol

43. We would build a farm as my son loves anything to do with farms

44. I'd help my nephew build his version of castle (doesnt really look like a castle-more like a large tower). He loves all things royal, including dressing up like a king, making his own little kingdom would make his day!

45. My granddaughter would want me to build a dinosaur

46. What we would build
    we would put in a field
    we would build it large
    As big as a barge
    Maybe we would build a house
    For a great big mouse
    But most of all we would have fun
    And build it in the sun
    Whatever it maybe.

47. a town - with lots of houses and some animals - cats and dogs (not sure how easy that would be but if you have good imagination...)

48. My lil boy would love this :)

49. My daughter loves Duplo and therefore would love this prize.

50. Just asked my son and he said a building site!

51. think we might have to start with something simple, perhaps a car or house before we tackle a moon rocket

52. My son would liked  build a house like his chicken coop..for his farm animals..

53. We tend to build houses, so I guess it would be a house - not very original, I know

54. i think would build a castle :-)

55. My 3 year old charge, Caspar, just said "I would build a thank-you card for the nice people who gave us the bricks!"

56. well i know whatever i would build my grandson would soon knock it down!

57. A house or a lawnmower.

58. A castle fit for my litte princess.... well she's a princess some of the time! :)

59. Laura Pritchard9 April 2012 at 17:07

A little castle for the cat to hide in so our son can't bother him!

60. I'd build a house

61. whatever my two terrible toddlers want to!

62. Crosssharon3539 April 2012 at 21:26

A bed to have a sleep in!

63. I would build whatever my imagination comes up with. An alien, a castle or just a simple 2 up 2 down. thats the beauty of lego.

64. a spaceship for my grandson as he loves star wars

65. Fashionstartshere10 April 2012 at 18:59

A rollercoaster!  Or a car park for all the toy cars we have lying around the house

66.  I would build an aeroplane

67. Deborah Worrall11 April 2012 at 09:35

My kids love me to build them cars which we then race so I guess I'd build more cars!

68. A castle....My daughter love's building things and always builds castles to put her princesses in. Such a girly girl...

69. the children always seem to build a building of some description, often a house

70. Stephan Willers11 April 2012 at 19:41

I would build a garage for my little grandson to park the many cars he loves and plays with

71. We seem to be building factories at the moment!! So maybe a chocolate factory??

72. we would build castles or car garages :) i bet my daughter would play with the garage and son the castle xx

73. Anna Southward1012 April 2012 at 08:30

I'm sure my daughter would build a step as she loves to climb everywhere!

74. My granddaughter loves Barbie so I suspect it would be a house for her to live in....

75. My kids love building Lego towns so I imagine this would be turned in to a school or a shop !! lol x

76. I would build my own little house so I could hide in there when they are being little pests

77. I spend my life building towers for my 3 year old.  I might get a bit adventurous and build the Eiffel Tower.

78. i would make a palace to celebrate the queens jubilee x

79. My son loves lego and the best thing to build are towers because then you can knock them back down again!

80. A stable for DD2's horses :)

81. Rachaelmacinnis15 April 2012 at 10:12

I would leave it to my sons imagination x

82. i would build my little niece a fairy castle (well would hope i could)

83. I think I would be building lots of 'Princess Castles' as this is all Munchkin wants to do with her blocks lately :) x

84. My daughter loves building random things at the moment, so it could be a dinosaur or it could be a submarine!

85. Our granddaughter loves building towers, so the taller she can get it the better, until it topples over.

86. my nephew would probably build a car with it.

87. I would attempt to make a dinoasaur, although i'm not sure if it would look like one!! lol

88. Just for a laugh I would build a house like the one I built as a child with Lego

89. Houses and castles

90. I would help my 2 yr old son to build a tower taller than himself.

91. I would build my dad ;-)

92. Something - anything - for my granddaughter to knock down.

93. I would build a castle with the boy I babysit

94. me and my son would build  a dinosaur....roar!!

95. me and my daughter would build a stable for her ponies

96. My son and I would build a dragon apparently it's pet of the moment!

97. A mansion - which is probably the nearest I'll get to ever owning one!

98. Olympic stadium

99. Catherinegeraghty19 April 2012 at 22:24

a castle

100. Christina Michael20 April 2012 at 09:07

Why not Buckingham Palace

101. a tower block, then my kids can have great pleasure in knocking it down

102. Buckingham Palace - to mark the jubilee

103. I'd try to build a bridge, so we could sail paper boats underneath & drive cars over the top.

104. I would build a chair and table for my daughter's teddy x

105. A house I used to love building houses with tables and lego beds and chairs!

106. as high a tower as possible and then we could throw a ball at it

107. A beautiful coloured tank for my Axolotl to live in :)

108. my little boy said he wants to build a house for all his cars :)

109. Hi, me again, (help), glad i found you, great blog, cant cook?, well your boys look happy, so does hubby, i stray, this would be for great gran son Jacob, he loves his lego, nearly 3, big bricks are great, he loves building mummy a house, with a huge garden (hint), so good luck all and thanks

110. my nearly 4yr year old said he wants to make a very very big tunnel for his trains to go through and a train shed for them to sleep in x

111. Would build a gokart for the pet hamster to travel around in...lol

112. The Forth Bridge !

113. We'd build cars, cars and more cars ... Little man is completely obsessed with cars at the moment

114. a garage for all the cars and trucks

115. I would build a tower so my granddaughter can knock it down - thats the fun bit

116. doesn't matter what we build, it'll be pulled apart and rebuilt within a matter of minutes!

117. My girls love building houses, so it would nprobably be a that first! :) @pipersky1

118. we would probably build a plane or a car of some sort!! :) @kerrybabyharvey

119. Rachelghostheart21 April 2012 at 21:58

I always try to build something interesting but it always ends up as a tower.  I totally lack lego skills,  kids love knocking them down though.

120. Lynsey Buchanan21 April 2012 at 23:00

A nice butterfly

121. probably a castle my two year old is very good at them!

122. Danielle Vedmore22 April 2012 at 04:23

A lego house - just like Ed Sheeran! xoxo

123. Most possibly a car or lorry as my grandson is mad on both

124. A tall tower , used to love building towers when i was little

125. Christinehoworth22 April 2012 at 10:56

I would build a house,  it is a joke in our family, all mum can build or draw is a house!

126. Deborah Murray122 April 2012 at 11:37

my daughter would want me to build a bird

127. My son says he would build for his little brother a dinosaur :0)

128. An aircraft carrier!!!!!  Big on aeroplanes in our house!

129. knowing my little ones it would be a really tall tower as tall as can be!

130. Rachael Donovan22 April 2012 at 22:34

I would build a house with my daughter!

131. i would build a plane with my daughter

132. probably a taxi as my granddaughter lives them

133. A TANK WITH THE GRANDSON

134. Lots and lots of things!  ;)

135. A car with a little garage.

136. the thing me and new son could build are endless but as hes still little a lot of towers for him to knock over :)

137. Dinosaurs or boats

138. I imagine my toddler would build a fully functioning time machine...

139. I would "build" on my relationship with my granddaughter

140. My children and now my grandchildren all love Lego. One of my grandsons is spending his birthday in Legoland this year instead of having a party. I would like to be able to say I would build something really amazing but sadly after all the practice I have had I am likely to be asked 'What's that Nan?'

141. Samantha_ripley23 April 2012 at 18:10

my daughter has a box of lego and makes us sit building millions of little lego dogs, im sure she would have my younger child doing the same with her Duplo

142. My granddaughter has wished for this box for some time and if we won I know we would be building bridges and towers and tunnels for quite long periods of time! She adores the 'car' on the fron and I am sure would get hours of pleasure from this. At the moment she borrows old Duplo from her uncles!

143. Anthea Holloway23 April 2012 at 18:28

I would  build a magic castle and we would play Kings, Queens, fairy princesses and handsome princes.

144. A nice castle.

145. My young children have wanted this set for a few months and we suggested they ask Father Christmas.  We would all build a house together - just like the one we live in.

146. A castle with turrets

147. i would built a castle  for all my sons lego men to live in

148. Daisy is really into clocks at the moment so we'd make a grandfather clock :-)

149. I would build a fortress to hide the mess ;)

150. Everything and anything - thats the beauty of Lego!

151. Sharon Burroughs23 April 2012 at 22:15

My step son would most likley try to build a monster

152. Libby Greenhalgh23 April 2012 at 22:52

I would build (with little hands help!) a castle and a dragon, then we could play fairytales and legends out, we could have all sorts of fun!

153. Katherineburchell24 April 2012 at 01:19

My daughter would try and build anything she wanted, as duplo can be taken appart and built up into many things time and time again. A tower, a plane. a castle, a house, a mouse, a cat etc

154. I think we would build a princess castle! With a moat :)

155. If I won I would build my son a train ie: Thomas... he is only one and is obsessed :)

156. I'd build (with help from the boys) Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Charlie my eldest is obsessed with the film, so he'd love to re-create it using these bricks :)

157. Me and my 2 boys would build  a castle.. We always have to build castles!

158. Lorraine polley24 April 2012 at 13:38

would have to be a train for my grandson as he loves thomas the tank engine

159. I'd build a tractor, they're a family favourite at the moment & who am I to go against a family trend!  Loved Lego growing up, you can just let your imagination loose.

160. i would try and build a castle, im not very good and im sure daddy would take over !

161. Whatever I was instructed to build! This week it would be a pirate ship!
    @annieanna24

162. a super duper duplo house x

163. Kathy Cakebread24 April 2012 at 19:18

a house fit for a queen

164. I would build an aeroplane and pretend we were going on holiday

165. I would give it to my niece and nephew and let their imagination take over :-) x

166. Son would want a Star Wars Ship, daughter would want a baby - I would build a Chair, so I could sit down whilst they decided!

@Moolboots

167. I'd build a castle......for my king!

168. I would build my son a duplo dog!

169. I would build my son a duplo dog!

170. My son would build a factory - I bet to make some more!

171. Christine johnson24 April 2012 at 21:44

i would let my four year
     grandaughter use her imagination and build whatever she wants.

172. NoDiscernibleTalent24 April 2012 at 21:55

I would build a monkey (or at least that would be what my little boy would ask me to construct!).  I would try and persuade him that a car was a much better idea!

173. My nephews would build a sweet shop!

174. We would build a windmill :-) @MrsWebster147

175. A castle.  Whenever there are bricks or blocks lying around, I always build a castle !

176. A Merry Go Round! - since visiting Legoland, my toddler has been obsessed with them!!

177. A dolphin with my grandson William

178. I would build a cooker for my son so that he can use his pots and pans on it.
    (he would love pullin it apart) lol

179. oooo ive consulted hubby and son, we'd build a model of anfield and put it on display in a glass case! joannae_smith@yahoo.com good luck everyone x