Thursday, 7 February 2013

Lunchtime Blog Tour And Competition

Today it is my day to host a lovely competition to win a paperback book of Lunchtime; I will also throw in a surprise (possibly lunchtime themed, so maybe a nice new plate and cup set for your child!) to finish off the prize quite nicely.  Although I know lots of you would be keen to enter just for the book, as it is a very sweet book and a delightful tale for little ones.

We reviewed it back in May, so it’s nice to return to it with my followers again.  A book that inspires our little ones to be better eaters, so no friendly critters decide to keep pinching their food!

Here are some of them having lunch now:

These adorable fella's were actually made by the author.  So not only is she a talented writer she excels at crafting!  Rebecca Cobb I salute you!  Over to her:

"One day, when I was thinking about the book launch for Lunchtime I decided that what I really wanted to do was to make hats of the three animal characters in the book: Crocodile, Bear and Wolf. While this was a very nice idea it was also quite ambitious and a week later our flat was covered with fake fur fluff and I was creating what looked like a giant green horse's head. I persevered however and after a couple more weeks of some serious sewing, unpicking and re-sewing, I had finished and even though they were much larger than I had intended (it took three bags of stuffing to fill them!) I was quite pleased with how much they looked like the illustrations. I chose to make them on baseball caps because I thought that the peak at the front would help to support the crocodile and wolf's long noses and it would make them adjustable at the back so that they could be worn by both adults and children. I had to add ribbons to tie the hats under the wearer's chin because they are so big they are too top heavy to balance otherwise. I am very pleased that I did make the hats because children absolutely love trying them on and I found it a really helpful distraction when I was feeling nervous about doing my first public events because everyone looks at the animals and not at me! They have been great for photographing too and I made a tablecloth like the one in the book using a fabric crayon on a bed sheet, so that I could take pictures of the three of them sitting at the table and eating their favourite foods: soup, bread and apples. When I found out the amazing news that Lunchtime had been long-listed for the Kate Greenaway medal I celebrated by making the animals a chocolate cake as a special treat... and then I helped them to eat it!"

To continue the blog tour head over to these other lovely mummy bloggers.

COMPETITION

To enter just comment letting me know what your little one enjoys having for lunch.

For an additional entry tweet "I want to win a copy of Lunchtime over at @missingsleep http://tinyurl.com/b23ov6u"

The competition will close on the 14th of February

1. Lara loves pickle sandwiches - just pickle!

2. Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the issues.

It was definitely informative. Your site is extremely helpful.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Review my webpage ; acne scars home remedies

3. ashleigh allan7 February 2013 19:13

Ham sandwiches!

4. ashleigh allan7 February 2013 19:13

I have tweeted as @ashlallan

5. Tomato soup in a mug and dairylea sandwiches

6. his latest thing is prawn pasta & salami!

7. given the choice, my little one would have pasta or meat, veg and gravy every day :)

8. We love making hedgehog buns with marmite and cheese in them!

9. Ruth Longville8 February 2013 11:34

Mmm my littlest one loves to have cheese - anything cheese - cheese strings, cheese squares, dairylea, cheesy biscuits, cheesy mash - anything cheesy!!!!

Tweeted too x

10. My little girl loves sandwiches - we have started serving them in foil so that she can pretend she is having a picnic. Occasionally i'll also serve hummus with carrot sticks!

11. Mine just love sandwiches - they are pretty boring to me but that's what they always want!

12. I tweeted @h_igoe

13. My little girl loves spicy things, so a curry or chilli con carne would be her favourite options.

caro_mad

14. I have tweeted as @caro_mad:disqus

15. Those animals are adorable! Pooh Bear is having a cheese sandwich and Spud went to preschool with a ham & cheese sandwich and lots of other scrummy treats

16. My son... anything but chips! My daughter - egg mayo sandwiches :)

17. Tweeted too x @scattymumofboys

18. my youngest loves fruit, she will have it win / on anything whilst my 5yo loves her sandwiches, her favourite alternates between vegemite, peanut butter or Billy bear slices!

19. had tweeted https://twitter.com/etspeaksfrom/status/299852064840900608 @etspeaksfrom

20. It has got to be sausages. X

21. I have tweeted @lucyrobinson3

22. she loves salad especially with lots of cucumber

23. Fish finger sandwich is their fav

24. my 3 have a thing about chicken at the mo

25. My little boy is quite a fussy eater (he's slowly getting better) he likes very bland food. Pasta with grated cheese is a fav!

26. MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER LOVES CURRY SAUCE AND CHIPS

27. absolutely mad about cheese so everything has to be cheese related

28. Would have to be tuna and broccoli pasta

29. Tuna sandwiches !! She would have them every day if she could get away with it !! x

30. anthony harrington8 February 2013 19:13

cheese and lettuce

31. anthony harrington8 February 2013 19:14

tweeted as @freyerj

32. cheese tortellioni

33. chocolate spread butties

34. cheese and onion crisp butties, healthy i know! ;)

35. Tomato soup with carrot sticks to dip in!

36. My two little girls love cheese and ham toasties for lunch, only thing they can agree on lol

37. my little ones love fish fingers with ketchup

38. Can I do this for my little cousin? Because I don't have a child but she'd love this prize! She has an obsession with chocolate spread sandwiches and wont eat dinner without it

39. Tweeted https://twitter.com/sophie27xx/status/300173123418992640 x

40. Pesto pasta salad, or tomato soup with cheesy biscuits! :D

41. Hi, have tweeted @RachaelSimmons4 :)

42. Georgia Mcallister9 February 2013 10:49

Peanut butter sandwiches

43. Spaghetti with marmite and sheese sauce! And what a fussy little fickle eater he is too!

44. Cheese even!

45. cheese and marmite in a sandwich

46. Jam sandwich with cucumber. Strange combination but is my daughters favourite.

47. My little one enjoys Jacket potato with broccoli and a little spinkle of cheese. Where did you get the big crocodile? My little man is obsessed with crocodiles :) xx

48. Andrea MacLeod9 February 2013 12:26

Cheese sandwich

49. My son loves soup with 'dip dips' - bread he dips in!

50. fresh veg, flat bread and a nutella dip with fruit salad

51. Given a choice of omelette or chicken and veg my little one would choose chicken and veg every time.

52. I've tweeted too, wasn't sure whether to add an additional comment to let you know, apologies if not

53. mine love vegetable soup with a bread roll :)

54. Pasta with cheese

55. mommas homemade veggie soup with pitta bread

56. humous and pitta bread!

57. Beans on toast or Pasta and tuna.

58. Rachel McMillan9 February 2013 17:43

She loves have a wrap with chicken and pepper. Which is amazing as the only sarnies she will eat is jam !

59. Tomato soup and chunky tiger bread

60. tweeted as @lotusmumma

61. Just about everything, the only thing she doesn't like (at the moment) is cabbage. Even had a drink of my "almost cold" black coffee (with no sugar) and always wants to try what the "adults" are having. :) :D x

62. Ham & Cheese sandwiches

63. mine like having sandwiches or pasta. i have tweeted too
    @ummziyad

64. michelle muirhead10 February 2013 09:09

home made tomato soup

65. Petits Filous and tinned mango! He LOVES fresh fruit x

66. my daughter will eat anything as long as it has lots of cucumber with it!

67. ive also shared on twitter here https://twitter.com/Segga86/status/300688330469810177 :)

68. brie and grape sandwiches!!

69. Tomato sauce sandwiches i know sunds yuk lol

70. Barrie Phillips11 February 2013 00:01

Beans and mash potatoes

71. anything with cheese!!!

72. jaet potato with cheese

73. peppa pig pasta shapes with toast

74. My daughter loves having a mixed plate for example a cracker with some cheese, a kiwi, some raisins and a few crispies.

75. I have also tweeted as @MrsWebster147

76. My granddaughter loves any kind of pasta and especially spag bol.

77. Tweeted https://twitter.com/tjsi1963/status/301072327783903233

78. Ham and egg

79. my little boy only likes waffles he is so fussy but he actually ate weetabix the other day i nearly cried with happiness!

80. my son enjoys a nice ham sandwich, or cheese and ham on bagle

81. Spaghetti shapes...and anything else that's really messy ;)

82. Katherine Coldicott12 February 2013 11:14

Banana and peanut butter sandwiches

83. Baby Bel cheese and cherry tomatoes

84. cheese and ham toasties :)

85. Janine Phillips12 February 2013 20:48

cocktail sausages and beans x

86. jelly & icecream sundae, what they get is a butty, yougart, fruit & biscuit :)

87. cheese and tomato sauce sandwich

88. Anything that he can get his little hands on. Will give anything a go. Very finger led feeding.

89. Cheese & Ham sandwiches

90. Our daughter is really fussy but she likes dairylea sandwiches or toasted muffins with jam :)

91. Have also tweeted as @AngelaMWilcox

92. Sarah Huddlestone13 February 2013 10:44

Salami slices, a babybel, slice of bread and a few wotsits, followed by a banana!

93. My little boy loves toast, banana and yoghurt :)

94. My little girl loves ham sandwiches-shes gonna look like one soon :)

95. tweeted too! @sarahlee1964

96. Cheese and ham wrap with tomato ketchup

97. Marmite sandwich cut in dinosaur shapes and carrot sticks

98. My little one enjoys boiled eggs and soldiers.

99. Daisy is going through a fussy stage but she will eat ham sandwiches so that seems to be her staple diet at the moment!

100. I've tweeted too @piperanddaisy

101. Crackers with cheese and then apple for afters :-)

102. Pasta with tomato sauce & garlic bread - grapes & strawberries for dessert

103. ham sandwiches x

104. My son likes pasta and rice dishes. He doesn't eat bread at all so sandwiches are a no go

105. Samantha Atherton13 February 2013 19:16

for lunch my little girl loves cheese spread sandwiches & sliced cucumber

106. beans and scrambled egg on toast

107. My Flynn likes plain omelette, toast and cucumber and Melody enjoys same but beans instead of omelette :-)

108. My little one had Tuna Mayo Sandwiches today =)

109. Usually ham or cheese sandwiches, a yogurt, baby bell and a cake

110. toasted teacakes with melted cheese

111. cheryl hadfield13 February 2013 22:07

Tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches

112. My niece is a not the big eater that most of the other children are but she's always happy to have ham and cheese!

113. I have tweeted as @alicomps too :)

114. My son loves eating purees,(not that much ends up in his mouth) but he especially enjoys Banana mixed with strawberry.

115. peanut butter sandwich with a banana and yogurt drink

116. hot cross buns

117. My little girl loves Quorn Ham and Grated Cheese Filled Pitta breads, with sticks of carrot and celery and she adores dried fruit :-)

118. Tuna & Cheese Sandwiches or as she calls them Cheenas

119. My sons loves a nice sandwich, with chicken slices, cucumber and salad cream cut into triangles :)

120. My grandson is weaning at the moment & loves sweet potato & butternut squash with milk free cheese & melon & grapes for pudding :)

121. Ham sandwiches every day of the week if I let him!

122. He loves cheese sandwiches/cheese spread on toast - he just loves cheese in general!