Friday, 20 December 2013

Win an annual subscription to Food and Travel magazine

For someone this magazine subscription worth £39.50 is a real treat.  It would inspire you when it comes to food and travel; enrich your life in new and wonderful ways.  I have seen some of the world, but my travels have been quite restricted.  So seeing more through a magazine is at least a good start, then I could plan a trip encouraged by the pages in the magazine, the engaging content and the breathtaking pictures.

Plus lets be honest as much as I love food, my skills in that respect are limited!  So a magazine filled with seasonal recipes might up my game a little!!!  If not I could just drool over the pudding pages...

I will leave this competition very simple for you to enter (seeing as you all want to start relaxing for Christmas and hitting the mulled wine perhaps!) just visit Lemon Squeezy’s Christmas page and tell me your favourite Christmas recipe!  You can leave a comment here or on my facebook page if blogger has gremlins!  The competition will close on the 1st of January.

If you do not happen to win worry not as Lemon Squeezy has lots of recipes on their site.  The healthy meal ideas will be handy for any of you planning a better diet in the new year (to make up for ALL the mince pies!).  I love the idea of feel good food, boosting energy levels and improving vitality, so over Christmas I might spend a chunk of my time on their website and start January feeling more positive about my heath!

Wishing all my followers a magical Christmas with all your wishes coming true.

1. london_unattached20 December 2013 at 11:08

I'm not veggie, but the strudel with artichoke and mushrooms looks divine and a perfect dish for the Christmas table. Fiona (at) London-unattached (dot) com

2. Got to be Mince pies. X

3. Hazel Christopher20 December 2013 at 11:30

Cabbage, potato and bacon bake sounds delicious, I'm sure this could actually turn into a regular comfort food for me :)

4. Mellissa Williams20 December 2013 at 11:51

sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts as I'm always looking for a way to make sprouts taste nice!

5. My favourite recipe is
    Cheese palmiers

6. The marscapone and amaretto cups sound scrummy!

7. In 2014 I need to get out more and eat more so this magazine sounds like just the ticket!

8. mmmm the chicken tagine looks tasty and a change from lamb

9. Definitely the Chocolate and Chestnut Roulade

10. The marscapone and amaretto cups

11. tuna carpaccio

12. Ginger muffins sound delicious

13. The Dressed-up panettone looks delish!

14. i like the lemon rice always looking for different recipes for rice.

15. Trifle with an Italian twist. Nice and quick to make, looks lush and is something that bit different.

16. The Mushroom Pate, yum

17. Aromatic pork belly roast is moist and succulent with crisp crackling sounds delicious!

18. the chocolate and chestnut roulade sounds great to me

19. the cabbage, potato and bacon bake sounds yummy

20. The Carrot cake :)

21. Slow-cooked spiced shoulder of lamb :)

22. classic tiramisu

23. the mushroom pate

24. Warm Duck Salad.... with Seville Oranges. Warming, Refreshing... and full of Vitamin C for a quick boost!

25. Warm salad of Jerusalem artichokes sounds good, a bit different, good idea for boxing day.

26. Chocolate & chestnut meringue roulade

27. Turkey crown with pears and saffron

28. sizzling scallops!

29. Turkey crown with pears and saffron

30. beef wellington

31. sherry trifle

32. Fruit salad with lime and cardamom dressing - a healthy choice after the over-indulgence :)

33. Lasagne with mushroom, taleggio and pistachio

34. Parmesan biscuits x

35. Beef Wellington

36. Chicken breasts in citrus and saffron sauce

37. Definitely the sherry trifle! x

38. Mascarpone & Amaretto Cups

39. Ginger muffins! A little festive spice to put a pep in my step.

40. Definitely the mushroom Pate! love mushrooms :) Good luck everyone!

41. Mushroom Pate, yum yum in my families tums!

42. Cod and mushroom gratin looks lovely

43. Carolynn Woodland29 December 2013 at 11:21

The Classic Tiramisu

44. Chocolate and chestnut meringue roulade sounds lovely.

45. Brussels sprouts with pancetta & chestnuts - we had this on Christmas Day and it was delicious! :-)

46. mmm the Mascarpone and amaretto cups sound yummy ... i just so happen to have some amaretto :-)

47. the ginger muffins after a walk with family and dog

48. Cranberry Blush sounds so refreshing : )

49. Amaretto and Chocolate Cake is now in my to do book!

50. Gillian Hutchison29 December 2013 at 21:22

Amaretto semifreddo

51. My favourite recipe has to be the Almonds in dark chocolate which would be a lovely Christmas gift. I have received some homemade ginger fudge this year which has been amazing and think homemade Christmas gifts are a great idea.

52. My favourite would have to be the Parmesan biscuits! They sound delicious xo

53. Amaretto and chocolate cake - yum yum

54. Pineapple Gazpacho? Yes please! yum yum

55. Food and travel, yes please!

56. Light leek and squash bake sounds wonderful. Will have to give it a go in the New Year (when we have finished the food mountain that is still left on the Christmas table) Happy New Year everybody :)

57. Victoria_CosmeticCravings30 December 2013 at 14:27

The ginger muffins look delicious

58. Parmesan biscuits

59. Amaretto and chocolate cake - sounds delicious!

60. Ginger muffins

61. Love the sound of the chocolate and chestnut meringue roulade

62. fab prize from my fave' mag. Fingers crossed!

63. Would be such a treat to win! @criscurran

64. Chicken & leek pie looks lovely

65. I love this magazine have got so many of our favorite receipes from them and they always give good advice

66. I love bacon so the Cabbage, Potato and Bacon bake had me salivating!!

67. Sizzling Scallops - mouth watering just thinking about them

68. Ooh that yummy Homemade Fish Pie with Saffron Mash looks and sounds delish!! :D

69. It has to be the classic Tiramisu that only takes 20mins to make. Heavenly flavours, a real treat x

70. Christine Schneider31 December 2013 at 10:20

Duck breast with cranberry dressing

71. The Chocolate & chestnut meringue roulade recipe looks deliciious!

72. Roasted rhubarb with honey and orange - just the ticket!

73. The whole baked salmon looks delicious

74. Salad Nicoise

75. The amaretto semifreddo looks scrumptious

76. The Duck Breast with Cranberry Sauce

77. i quite like the look of the duck breast

78. Mmmm book marking that site, lots of great recipes. Too many to choose from, but as I since got myself a breadmaker I love the look of the
    Sumptuously seeded soda bread

79. Christmas biscuits look fun to make

80. I like the look of the Limoncello Jelly! I have a bottle in the cupboard, so I'll make good use!

81. Strudel with mushroom & artichoke ragù looks extremely tempting!

82. The Chocolate & Chestnut Meringue Roulade for me - looks delicious!

83. The chocolate & chestnut meringue roulade sounds delicious.

84. Christina Jarrett31 December 2013 at 23:10

The classic tiramisu sounds really good!! :) x

85. Cream of chestnut and fennel soup sounds absolutely yummy!

86. The classic tiramisu

87. Chocolate Cups - easy and loved by all.

88. Jacqueline Roberts1 January 2014 at 09:56

The trifle sounds yummy. Trifle is a fave of mine.

89. The mushroom pate sounds nice :)

90. Samantha Kaye Roberts1 January 2014 at 11:26

The Pineapple Gazpacho sounds lovely. I love citrus foods so Id be landed with that :-)

91. Classic Tiramisu, always a winner!

92. Cheese palmiers - im a savoury person and really struggling to cut back after the festive food

93. Gabrielle Svensson1 January 2014 at 12:16

Champagne Risotto

94. The Cod and Mushroom Gratin sounds lovely :)

95. The Parmesan nibbles look yummy

96. Champagne risotto x sounds yummy

97. I'd love to try the limoncello jelly :)

98. chocolate cups for me!

99. Blueberry pancakes - Love em!

100. champgne risotto sounds decadent

101. Anything with Champagne and im happy!

102. Duck breast with cranberry dressing. The whole family love it.

103. My favourite christmas recipe is the pie I make from christmas dinner leftovers. Mince everything potatoes, sprouts, carrots, parsnips, onions, pigs in blankets, stuffing, turkey and gray in a mincer and put it as a pie filling. Delicious :)

104. Carpaccio of oranges with Orange brandy. My Mum used to make something similar to this and I'd forgotten all about it : used to love it

105. trifle sounds just right

106. The chocolate & chestnut meringue roulade sounds right up my street.

107. Victoria Thurgood1 January 2014 at 17:45

i like the sound of the Salted almonds

108. chocolate cups

109. The Champagne Risotto sounds fantastic!

110. mmmm champagne risotto sounds good

111. chocolate & chestnut meringue roulade sounds meltingly good

112. Almonds in dark chocolate... it's the best combination ever!

113. the strudel with mushroom and artichoke ragu looks good enough to ditch the Christmas Turkey for

114. Kerry-Ann Stanley1 January 2014 at 21:19

Spiced roast parsnips and potatoes

115. Brandy mince pies :)

116. Fish Pie with Saffron Mash. I cook fish pie and it always goes down well with my family, so I am looking forward to trying this variation.

117. Brandy Mince Pies

118. Chocolate Cups

119. Stephanie Louise Parker1 January 2014 at 22:04

Quiche with ham and pecorino

120. the pineapple gazpacho